Thursday 1 April 2021

mirror

 


setting aside some flaws and the minor deadly sins, i preached righteousness like a fervent prophet, i championed justice as its immaculte paladin, i abhorred the vile and deceitful lies like a healthy man in a colony of lepers. i proudly held my values as the pinnacle of virtue on the chasm of the world.

until today, for when we look in the mirror, the reflection we see shows us the best version of ourselves. or so the mind tricks us to believe. because in all of my actions, others were driven aside by my pursuit, my own selfish drive of the unscarred

i was never a "good soul" i think. and i thought i was. i was absolutely convinced of that. but looking back now i'm not so sure of my morals, the sanctity of my actions and the purity of my thoughts.

i dare to ask now, how many hearts have i broken, how much pain have i inflicted on others knowing and not-knowing, how much despair i caused and how many white lies have blackened other lives

and as i shamefully look away from the mirror i brazenly admit that we lie to ourselves everyday, and today is no exception.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust

 Sometimes there's choices in our path that require sacrifice, sheer willpower and resolve. I have learnt that lesson through you and th...