Monday 27 July 2020

Against


The gusts of air coming from the desert had proclaimed my futures. They were as desolate as I had foreseen. - no surprises there – I muttered. – what if I can’t escape this penitence? – i muttered again, afraid of being heard only to realize that I was completely alone in this sea of sand and its silence was as overbearing as being in the middle of a angry mob or a trial from my peers.

Stumbled footprints were erased behind me as fast as the sweat accumulated on my brow. I tried to gather my bearings but the unmerciful heat had me doubting my navigating skills. The curse of knowing better had no weight here, not a single plan or carefully logical clairvoyance would make a difference now. It’s just me and nature, battling out on the millennial stage of survival and by the looks of it, the scale was not tipped in my favour.

The gusts of air were again singing their lullabies and enticing me to further stray from my path even though deep inside I knew that these songs were nothing more than a mirage. And there I was, stumbling towards these dreams regardless of every inch of me saying otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trust

 Sometimes there's choices in our path that require sacrifice, sheer willpower and resolve. I have learnt that lesson through you and th...